Friday 8 July 2011

Food- boredom vs productivity

I've got a rather annoying stomach malady lately (lately being for the last six months) and if you're a poor soul who has to deal with me in the C++ chat, you already know this. So my current diet is exclusively one tin of spaghetti and sausages, and two bowls of yoghurt and banana, in one day. That's about 1300 calories max. But I'm still not losing weight at a particularly good rate.

The simple fact is that after eating the same stuff for six months, I'm just bored of it. Any old junk that won't make me sick, I'll buy it, just for the variety. And I live above a food shop, so it's quite easy for me to obtain said junk. This is seriously impinging on my efforts to lose weight. But it has another, nasty side effect, which is that I'm just so damn lazy. I'd be better off walking to MacDonalds, having one, and walking back every day than not going at all.

Of course, I could go home, where my parents will handily prevent me from eating cookies and make me walk the dog, which should be plenty. But then I'd have to compete with my brother and sister for the internet and use some srsly substandard hardware. Save electricity and food bills though.

No comments:

Post a Comment